PDA

View Full Version : SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT

tony.martin5
Nov 10th, 2005, 20:13
I`ve got the above message on my S60 after removing then refitting my radio, does it need a reboot, any ideas please.

Paul Wildsmith
Nov 10th, 2005, 20:46
Tony - presume the same as my S80, its a trip to the dealer to reset the code. You need to remember to disconnect the battery in future beforehand.

Paul

binty
Nov 17th, 2005, 21:10
I've had the same issue when I replaced some bulbs illuminating the heating controls. Friendly main dealer re-set the service warning for nothing, took about 10 minutes.

Mine is a geartronic and to remove the heating controls you have to move the gearstick back from park, you can only do this with the ignition on. If the ignition is on when you disconect the multiplugs it brings on the airbag service warning. Catch 22. !!!!!

The dealer advised they just do it then re-set the airbag service.

Binty

Benmaher
Nov 9th, 2012, 20:34
My v50 srs urgent service light came on on the A1 today heading to hull, i presumed it was just an ignition off then on fix to clear the gremlins but when i turned it off at ferrybridge services it wouldnt turn back on?! There was not even a milage screen or central locking?! Completely dead?! The AA man turned up and discovered that the relay units and block connectors that are under the glove box had come loose?! He pushed it back in and all the electrics worked fine and everything was back to how it should be? Strange!

S40 Squared
Nov 9th, 2012, 23:01
Had this on both my S40's. One was a cable under passenger seat. The other was very recent - past month or so. Was almost a new SIPS bag @ £300 but was a seat out, rewire to centre console, test connection and bung seat back in. All done by volvo and I got £ off as we were let down on our previous visit to fix it.

Hopefully just a wire to tighten.

S60D5-185
Nov 10th, 2012, 08:30
I`ve got the above message on my S60 after removing then refitting my radio, does it need a reboot, any ideas please.

No, its a trip to the dealer or find someone on here with appropriate equipment to reset it for you.

It will not reset itself and has been caused entirely by failure to disconnect the battery before commencing work on the radio unit.

Once reset all will be well.
Darryl:thumbs_up:

reggit
Nov 10th, 2012, 08:38
No, its a trip to the dealer or find someone on here with appropriate equipment to reset it for you.

It will not reset itself and has been caused entirely by failure to disconnect the battery before commencing work on the radio unit.

I hope the OP has had it fixed in the last 7 years since he posted :)

outnumbered
Nov 10th, 2012, 13:33

Trip to specsavers in order:thumbs_up:

S60D5-185
Nov 10th, 2012, 13:53
Trip to specsavers in order:thumbs_up:

I think i need more help than that Mike.

Tarquin:animal-smiley-040: