PDA

View Full Version : General - The Complete Diesel Tuning Thread

D5 Monkey
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:52
How about; anyone with experience of such things adding a few thoughts on Diesel tuning options below;
Perhaps reviews of the options available eg: Rica, Upsolute, Powerklick box, DTUK box.....................etc
Any more that we know of?
Any other options for more POWER without a remap/chip?

If possible on reviews could we include the upgrade type and engine/model in the title for quick scanning.

Just an Idea, will see how it goes.

monkeh
Aug 10th, 2007, 11:54
Would be nice If I had an ecu! Good old mechanics...

muller1
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:51
Hi there.
I have a 2.5 Diesel V70 2000 and a couple of years ago I bought and fitted the Tunit box to the car and thought it was very good.
I bought a T5 V70 and gave the diesel csr to my wife (after removing the Tunit box).
She was quite happy with the car but said the performance was not so good as when |I had the car and the fuel consumption was not as good as she thought it should be She was getting about 40 MPG.
I told her I removed the Tunit box but would put it back and see how it was then.
She was most impressed with the extra get up and go and the fuel consumption is now
45.6 MPG.
I am sure there are others possibly just as good out there but I can only speak for the Tunit.
This was the third car I have fitted one to.
The one I fitted is driver friendly as it can be adjusted from 1 to 9 for a variation in the power increase but I found that as it arrives (set at no 5) is just fine as I tried all the other settings.
On my T5 V70 I went to Chip Tune in Lesmahagow for a complete remap and the car is BRILLIANT now. WELL LADS IT IS MY CAR AFTER ALL.

Hope this helps a little.

Mike

T-5ones
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:49
Had my '02, 51 plate V70 D5 @140K miles Rica'd (210 sportmap) by Simon at chiptuningscotland.

I'm loving it!