PDA

View Full Version : D4204T - Best remapper?

bryand
Nov 20th, 2007, 16:10
I'm still getting used to the 2.0 diesel in my C30, but the time will come when it will need remapping to let out a few more horses. Does anybody have an experience of tuning these engines, and which mappers are favoured for them?
Oh and does anybody know why Volvo dislike the use of biodiesel in these engines, yet Peugeot allow up to 30% bio?
TIA
Bryan

RoyMacDonald
Nov 22nd, 2007, 22:09
I'm still getting used to the 2.0 diesel in my C30, but the time will come when it will need remapping to let out a few more horses. Does anybody have an experience of tuning these engines, and which mappers are favoured for them?
Oh and does anybody know why Volvo dislike the use of biodiesel in these engines, yet Peugeot allow up to 30% bio?
TIA
Bryan

The quality of biodeisel is very variable and they won't have tested and set the ECU and injection system/ fuel system to use it, so any use would be experimental.

France has to use a diesel/biodiesel mix by law so I guess they've been making sure their engine can run OK on the stuff.

Mercedes do the E-Class with 3 different engines. Two can use biodeisel and one can't. Guess it's also down to engine characteristics.

VW Golfs have to be ordered with engines that can use biodiesel.

Roy

ghowe79
Dec 29th, 2007, 20:19
France has to use a diesel/biodiesel mix by law so I guess they've been making sure their engine can run OK on the stuff.

This makes sense- if you look in the userguide, the French market has a different 2.0D, D4204T2 which puts out 6 horses less.