PDA

View Full Version : D5254T (to 2002, Audi) - Turbo whine

deadredzx
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:31
Apologies if this has been answered before but I'm a newcomer and would appreciate members thoughts.
I bought a 1999 V70 tdi 3 months ago,96,000 mile,full service history, belts and pulleys done last year etc and other than a very noise turbo I love the car.
I've had diesels before so I know that there is some turbo whine but this seems excessive and having read about the great "pull" that these cars should have I'm wondering if there's something wrong with mine because I find it quite sluggish.
The noise is only under load and from 2000 rpm upwards. There are no clouds of black smoke and the noise gets worse as the car warms up. I've heard mention that there could be an air leak from one of the hoses, but as the only hose kit I've seen advertised is £140 I would like second,third and fourth opinions before I start spending.
Any help would be appreciated.
John

Gazmo
Nov 28th, 2007, 23:04
Speak to outnumbered as he has told me that he managed to get some intercooler pipes at a good price they are not genuine but replacement you may have to P.M. him

shimon340
Nov 29th, 2007, 02:30
hi guys

Im considering getting an 850 diesel, may I ask what sort of fuel consumption you are getting?

my 440 TD gets 50mpg in town and if you stick to 60mph can give 70mpg on the motorway.

Im looking for a car to cover a lot of mileage commuting. 1000miles a week so diesel is the way to go I think

thanks!

outnumbered
Nov 29th, 2007, 17:46
hi guys

Im considering getting an 850 diesel, may I ask what sort of fuel consumption you are getting?

my 440 TD gets 50mpg in town and if you stick to 60mph can give 70mpg on the motorway.

Im looking for a car to cover a lot of mileage commuting. 1000miles a week so diesel is the way to go I think

thanks!

hi
i average about 45 mpg, so i am happy with that, when i have the caravan on i get around 32 mpg, good investment if you can get one.
mike
850 tdi

deadredzx
Nov 29th, 2007, 19:49
Thanks for the advice so far. I've spoken with Mike (outnumbered) and have a list of things to check so fingers crossed!