PDA

View Full Version : D5254T (to 2002, Audi) - Pump timing on the 2.5 TDI VAG engine(V70)

phasesonix
Nov 29th, 2007, 20:56
I have a 2000 V70 with the 2.5TDI engine,

The fuel pump belt has broken and the pump is out of time,

I have set the crank and cam to TDC and aligned the mark on the housing of the fuel pump with the mark on the toothed wheel on the pump but it will not start.

I know you have to fine tune it electronically,But If I can get it running I can get it to a bosch garage which is an hour away.

Does anyone know any other way to time the pump?

Or does anyone know the measurement for the pump injection timing if I use a DTI gauge?

Also if I get it in time properly with a DTI gauge will the check engine light on the dash go out or does it need to be reset by Volvo?

Thanks in advance,Loz

outnumbered
Nov 29th, 2007, 21:26
I have a 2000 V70 with the 2.5TDI engine,

The fuel pump belt has broken and the pump is out of time,

I have set the crank and cam to TDC and aligned the mark on the housing of the fuel pump with the mark on the toothed wheel on the pump but it will not start.

I know you have to fine tune it electronically,But If I can get it running I can get it to a bosch garage which is an hour away.

Does anyone know any other way to time the pump?

Or does anyone know the measurement for the pump injection timing if I use a DTI gauge?

Also if I get it in time properly with a DTI gauge will the check engine light on the dash go out or does it need to be reset by Volvo?

Thanks in advance,Loz
hi
if you look at this link ian had the same problem hope it will help you. the cel light on mine goes out after 10 min or i can reset it , it may work that way on yours if not then a trip to the dealers or an independant.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/member.php?u=12283
hope that helps
mike
ps
look in ians posted topics