PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - Fuel pump Leak and Idle speed

monkeh
Dec 10th, 2007, 16:03
My fuel pump has started to leak, Apparently before I bought the car It leaked, (fuel seeping up through the shaft of the throttle body) I Think it is doing the same here.
Does anyone know what the overhaul cost of these pumps are?
Diesel experts are reluctant to give me an answer after explaining to them. Or does anyone have one knocking around. Salvo Are unhelpful when it comes to inquiring with me.

And what is the Idle speed set to, My seems to hunt at about 500-600 RPM when first started and just over 500 steady when warm. How do I adjust it?

tfb
Dec 10th, 2007, 17:52
monkeh
I pickep up a spare pump out of a scrappy a few weeks ago for £60. If you want it you can have it for that plus whatever the P&P will be. Or you could collect from Cambridgeshire or London. I have no idea if the pump is good or bad, but I was assured that it came from a working car - for whatever that is worth.

I think most specailists would be reluctant to quote as until they get the pump open they are not going to know what needs replacing.

I've scanned the page from the manual for adjusting the idle for you.

Regards
TFB

Ferg
Dec 13th, 2007, 11:51
Make sure you have bled the coolant pipe linked to the pump. It adjusts the idle speed according to coolant temperature. the pipe is higher than the expansion tank so must be bled with car on a slope (rhs up, lhs down) or with the engine running.