PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - what is this switch

DLM48
Dec 11th, 2007, 18:48
looking under the bonnet today i noticed a micro switch attached to the IP after wiggling the throttle i noticed it did nothing then i realised the actuator arm was missing - so what is the function of this switch

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc241/Flying_scot_album/Injectionpumps.jpg

thanks in anticipation

tfb
Dec 12th, 2007, 00:29
Don't know either - the whole switch has been removed from my engine. I do seem to remember JOR saying that the switch opens as soon as the throttle is pressed, but what the purpose is I haven't a clue.

Regards
TFB

Mister T
Dec 12th, 2007, 02:40
David ,
The switch is part---or was for the EGR system most likely now plug off , if you have to refit or repair for legal requirements let me know .
Your new car looks as good as you would find in sunny California , nice buy .
Mister T.

craig8661
Dec 12th, 2007, 03:54
hi there its a throttle poss sencer i was just going to offer you one but just relised when my pump was swaped it didnt have one so had to be changed over you will find them on most dtic engines person you may be able to beg for one would be jor there is a bloke on ebay by user of terry but advatises that he is breaking a volvo desial but he is a waste of space of tried for a few parts and he never gets back to you

Padrig
Dec 12th, 2007, 10:30
Out of interest, I just checked my '93 D24 TIC and I have the micro switch, complete with actuater arm, never noticed it before and didn't have a clue what it did until I read the posts here.
Padrig

DLM48
Dec 12th, 2007, 12:30
David ,
The switch is part---or was for the EGR system most likely now plug off , if you have to refit or repair for legal requirements let me know .
Your new car looks as good as you would find in sunny California , nice buy .
Mister T.

thanks for that input - so how do i find out if the EGR is blanked off?

jor
Dec 12th, 2007, 18:27
Look at the exhaust manifold David and you will see a pipe whose other end connects with the inlet manifold, there is a picture of the inlet end on the tfb thread 'newbie with a couple of questions'. If you take off this pie you are likely to find a blanking piece obstructing one or both ends. I'm not sure where you would acquire one if not.
You can also disconnect the vacuum connector as shown.

john