PDA

View Full Version : D19 - S40/V40 to 2004 - What engine

Eddie Giles
Jan 1st, 2008, 11:17
Hi I am new to Volvo Community.
I have bought a Y reg 2000 S40 Diesel. Can anyone advice me on the engine details? Is it Volvo's own or is it still the Renault? Is there a webb site for this engine I can go to?

Paul H and D
Jan 1st, 2008, 15:00
Hi Eddie,
Welcome to the Forums.
Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with S/V 40's Might still be the Renault engine but I'm not sure hopefully somebody will have the definative answer for you shortly.
Regards & Happy New Year Paul.

discover
Jan 1st, 2008, 17:07
Yes it's the Renault 1870cc engine as found in the 440/460 but with a bit more complexity on the electronics and EGR systems, for example. Also found in the Mitsubishi Carisma. In my experience the engine, while good in the 440/460 is a bit sluggish in the S/V40 until they put the direct injection head on, which yours probably is though I'm not sure on the exact change over year. It's probably the Renault dTi engine which was direct injection but still from a fuel pump which was known for being willing but noisy until the common rail dCi took over.

Eddie Giles
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:30
Hi Thanks for your responce. I found the engine number today and phoned volvo, pleased to say it is a common rail engine fitted.