PDA

View Full Version : D19 - S40/V40 to 2004 - Gear change = power pause

graemedench
Jan 6th, 2008, 20:46
ok i give in.

ANY suggestions on what to look at will be done!

My car has started to pause b4 giving power when accelerating through the gears. once in gear its fine you can put your foot down and it goes, But if you then change up there is a pause of about 3ish seconds and then it accelerates again.

Please help :(. I've tried disconnecting power for an few hours to reset but i dunno maybe it needs plugged into puter and reset? bought an u581 reader but wont work with this car.

previously i tried hooking up a greddy profec boost controller but couldn't quite get it to work properly as the solenoid valve won't work quite right with a vacuum instead of positive pressure. One thing to note is though at no point did it boost or spike more than is does as standerd. there is now a lag in boost preasure that mirrors the acceleration lag.

I've been round all the pipes and made sure there tight as i thought maybe there was a small vacuum leak causing the waste gate to take longer to shut :(

Clan
Jan 6th, 2008, 21:02
perhaps the vacuum pipes were not connect up in the right places on the turbo control valve?

graemedench
Jan 6th, 2008, 21:08
Thanks i'll check again in the morning. It's due a wash wax and hoover so i'll be in there trying all sorts.

I'm pretty sure they are. one pipe is slightly bigger than the other as are the barbs but I'm gonna check it all, it's got to be something right?

thanks

graemedench
Jan 8th, 2008, 19:17
ok I've not had a chance to check the pipe work yet as my laptop's hard drive died :(

But.... I've got the car jammed with stuff just now (AV equip for an install) and the problems seems to have gone.

So... I'm wondering if maybe its something the car will relearn to drive normally again? or Maybe it'll still be fine again once all the stuff's out?

Thanks

G

graemedench
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:06
Last and final update for anyone following this.

The car is now fixed! its running as normal agian ever since having lots of stuff in it. The ecu must have corrected.

Guess it goes to show i should have just left it alone. Think I'll get it mapped instead.

G