PDA

View Full Version : D5 (2005 on) - Boost Gauge

Alec Dawe
Jan 8th, 2008, 15:49
Silly question really... is it possible to fit a boost gauge to a D5 engine (2005 V70) and if so, where on the system would you tap in to fit it.
Part b) would there actually be any point in fitting the gauge, apart from looking pretty, and can you play with the boost on a diesel in anything like the same way as a petrol turbo?

outnumbered
Jan 8th, 2008, 17:24
Silly question really... is it possible to fit a boost gauge to a D5 engine (2005 V70) and if so, where on the system would you tap in to fit it.
Part b) would there actually be any point in fitting the gauge, apart from looking pretty, and can you play with the boost on a diesel in anything like the same way as a petrol turbo?

hi alec

i have a 850 tdi and have fitted a boost gauge sad i no, however it tells me if the car is boosting correctly. on the 850 tdi there is a pipe that comes from the inlet manifold to the boost pressure sensor, i tapped into that, so i would presume somewhere on the inlet side there may be a pipe follow that and you hopefully will find the boost sensor.somewhere in the engine bay there will be a sensor.
hope that helps
mike
850 tdi

Pedro Fandango
Jan 8th, 2008, 17:29
and can you play with the boost on a diesel in anything like the same way as a petrol turbo?
i'm not sure how complicated the ecu is on the Volvo diesel (may be like ME7 & be able to measure boost), but my mum had a Peugeot 405 TD which we turned the boost up on, & it flew :thumbs_up: