PDA

View Full Version : D19 - S40/V40 to 2004 - Lack of power

Benjamin
Jan 19th, 2008, 00:42
Probably should have posted this in this section originaly.

Hello I am looking for some help in diagnosing a problem.

I have a 51 plate V40 Diesel it has about 80K on the clock.

At the moment it hits a massive flat spot at 2500 rpm. If you are on a flat road you can be extra light with the throttle and ease it past and things start to happen again. But if you are going up a hill, then you are losing power and speed very quickly. Could the turbo be at fault?

Thanks.

bompy
Jan 19th, 2008, 17:38
I have a 98 V40TD (owned for 6 years, purchased 2nd hand) which was having similar problems. I thought I was driving a truck when on motorway working up and down the gears.Took it this week to the local Diesel Bosch agents to let them do tests. No fault codes, but after carrying out smoke tests they adjusted the DPC Injection Pump to increase power. At the same time they discovered that the pump did not have correct return valve fitted. Had to clear ECU memory. It is now a diffferent car with excellent performance. Volvo servicing had never identified the problem before. Good luck.

Trevw69
Jan 29th, 2008, 18:53
Hi Bompy, I have the same problem, where is the Bosch Diesel agents you used ? are they indepemdent or do they have other outlets ? and if you dont mind how much did they charge you to put this right ? thanks

V40Dad
Jan 30th, 2008, 00:48
Just been pointed to this thread by Jor. Did some tracking via google & located the following website which may be of use :- www.boschautoparts.co.uk

Regards,

bompy
Feb 4th, 2008, 14:22
Hi Bompy, I have the same problem, where is the Bosch Diesel agents you used ? are they indepemdent or do they have other outlets ? and if you dont mind how much did they charge you to put this right ? thanks

I used Electro-Diesel (RJ) Ltd in Poole. They have branches in Exeter and Bodmin, but all Bosch Diesel Service Centres are independent. Total cost £246 for exploring the problem over 3 days. Money well spent.