PDA

View Full Version : D5254T (to 2002, Audi) - 2.5TDi waterpump: original or audi's?

Arno
Feb 12th, 2008, 13:00
Dear community,

I would like to ask for your opinion: what are the differences between original Volvo's, original Audi's and "other's" water pumps for that 2.5TDi engine?

Official Volvo don't recommend changing regularly (with all timing belts, rolls etc) the waterpump, only then "if necessary".
VAG, the engine maker, recommends (as Audi forum members say) to change the waterpump in every second beltchange. (and also the beltchange interval recommendation is shorter than 120.000 km if I'm correct).
So, I wonder, does Volvo makes its own waterpump (for that relatively old Audi's engine) and volvo's pump is more trustworthy than waterpumps manufactured by VAG or "other's"?

joss14
Feb 12th, 2008, 17:47
Hello, the pome has water is a pump audi/vw it is same and the least expensive at audi/vw

Doctor Who ?
Feb 13th, 2008, 21:14
To be quite honest I'd go with the Engine manufacturer and their recommendation. Changing tensioners and so on is "De regur" now on critical service items as Timing belts, (in other words don't just change the belt as other bits have done the distance, change em' too, water pumps included) If a pump has seen say 100k Miles how much can it reasonably expected to do ? It matters not, who its Parents were ! :lightbulb: