PDA

View Full Version : D19 - S40/V40 to 2004 - s40 1998 td misfire HELP

FLENG2008
Mar 12th, 2008, 12:45
HELP
i have a volvo s40 1.9 td with a couple of problems first, it doesnt like starting in the morning, it needs to be cranked a few times and give it some gas to start in the mornings, then when it is started the tick over seem to drop occassionally then pick up like its missing, and it has a misfire whilst driving between 1000rpm and 2000rpm, it doesnt seem to misfire when you put your foot down and go, it misfires when your light on the throttle say doing 30-40mph, i thought it was the fuel filter so i changed that but hasent made any difference and recently it has been feeling tired and sometimes feels like your driving with the handbrake on slighlty can anyone give me some tips please many thanks :thumbs_up:

Bernard333
Mar 12th, 2008, 14:13
I have something similar on a V70 D5 but yours seems to fit the symptoms of a possible faulty MAF even more than mine , but dont take my word for it as it could be like the blind leading the blind , I have another thread going about the MAF unit and am hoping someone can tell me if its safe to clean it using a carb cleaner spray or something similar ( dont try this yet until I get advice about cleaning it as I suppose its possible there is nothing wrong with your MAF unit and you could well cause even more problems ) . I am also going to clean out the EGR as advised by another member .

FLENG2008
Mar 12th, 2008, 14:21
I have something similar on a V70 D5 but yours seems to fit the symptoms of a possible faulty MAF even more than mine , but dont take my word for it as it could be like the blind leading the blind , I have another thread going about the MAF unit and am hoping someone can tell me if its safe to clean it using a carb cleaner spray or something similar ( dont try this yet until I get advice about cleaning it as I suppose its possible there is nothing wrong with your MAF unit and you could well cause even more problems ) . I am also going to clean out the EGR as advised by another member .

thanks for the reply much appreciated

yer you can use carb cleaner on mafs i have heard that before
i will try cleaning the maf sencor later see if this helps

anymore idea's or anyone experiencing same problems??