PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - my engine is slow on pick up

craig8661
Mar 17th, 2008, 21:21
just wondering as you do you never notice when you drive them
i got the 740 today with 186,000 miles on her i kno mine has done 250,000 miles but noticed one thing allready the 740 engine is really sharp on pick up ie you touch the throtle its instant as with mine it takes it longer could it be due to mine being intercooled and the other one not
or could it be my engine is showing its age and is worn to the stage where its lazy
one thing allso the lower milige engine throws alot of black smoke out but mine dont but looked at the pump and its turned down
only thing is even after 7 months of standing and a new battery it sarted as soon as i turned the key yet my 940 takes a couple of turns do you think it would be worth getting a rocker gasket set and do the oil leaks on the lower milage engine and fit it into mine

volvobm
Mar 20th, 2008, 08:44
If your pump has been turned down. It will have very slugish take off.
Even with your foot to the floor.

craig8661
Mar 20th, 2008, 08:46
my pump id turned up compaird to the one on the other engine was meaning to say on the 740 the pump was looking turned down lol

ivor940
Mar 20th, 2008, 10:17
Hi Craig, As your gearbox is out on the 940, is it worth fitting the 740 engine to the 940 and making it a TD in the process. Leave the disconnected Inlet and Exhaust manifolds in the engine bay of the 940, just swap over the engines. You need to check the flywheels are the same so the new clutch works and also check the engine will bolt on to the M90 box.

ivor940

craig8661
Mar 20th, 2008, 16:06
hi as far as i know the engine is a striaght exchange mine is turbo intercooled but going to try and find the hissing that comes under load and really hard booting as it could be a air leak on the car what i need to honestly do is get a compresion test and see if that shows anything up