PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - putting a d24 turbo into a d24tic

craig8661
Apr 10th, 2008, 09:20
there is 5 years age difference between the engines the older one being in the 740 none intercooled and no oil cooler mine is high milage and the older engine has less than half the milage of mine on it

are the blocks identical and is it a case of unbolt the external stuff and rebolt with my stuff
allso like water ways i noticed a pipe over the inlet manifold on the d24t and not one on mine thats a d24tic would it be a different rooted pipe or would it be something stupid like freelander did was a extra hole drilled in the engine

just wondering as dont want to rip two engines out if there not going to change

jor
Apr 10th, 2008, 22:54
As far as I can make out Craig the only sections in the manual that are different relate to removal and disassembly of the turbo. The d24t section mentions the safety valve hose and crankcase vent hose, the tic doesn't so it's one of those that you are looking at. If you want these sections, or need the whole manual (nothing about gearboxes tho') let me know.

john

jor
Apr 10th, 2008, 22:57
As far as I can make out Craig the only sections in the manual that are different relate to removal and disassembly of the turbo. The d24t section mentions a 'safety valve hose' and a 'crankcase vent hose', the tic doesn't so it's one of those 2 that you are looking at. If you need these sections, or the whole manual (nothing about gearboxes tho') let me know.

john

craig8661
Apr 11th, 2008, 02:10
hi thats very good news on the engine front i looked on vadis and the only 940s to have a m40 gear box was the petrols apart from the 740 desials so goto do some more research into it