PDA

View Full Version : D5254T (to 2002, Audi) - Tuning for audi 2.5

jamiefc
Aug 24th, 2008, 19:14
What are the options for tuning the Audi 2.5 tdi lump ? ie increased power output

phasesonix
Aug 26th, 2008, 19:46
There's a couple "diesel power boxes" about which make it from 140 to 160Bhp(same as first D5) but the vw 2.5 likes to chugg.So I guess it will probaly not last as long as it would with out the tuning box on??

I think blanking the EGR valve and getting new injector nozzles will make a difference as well(thats what I'm going to do)

jamiefc
Aug 26th, 2008, 21:37
What sort of price do the power boxes come in at ?

jamiefc
Aug 30th, 2008, 20:46
Found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350092673023&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
The guy said it will work fine with the 2.5 tdi

outnumbered
Aug 30th, 2008, 20:59
Found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350092673023&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
The guy said it will work fine with the 2.5 tdi
hi had one fitted to my 850 tdi that cost me £300 the reason so expensive i went for a digi one , the one you have shown will only put extra fuel in with no air increase, this will cause overfueling and loads of black smoke , its your choice but read up first on other web sites, to me thats cheap and no good. hope that helps. all the tuning boxes are easy to fit.
mike

phasesonix
Aug 31st, 2008, 00:06
Hi,

There are 2 different plugs for the fuel pumps on these so make sure the plug on the pumps matches.

They are normally about £100 but I seen used ones go for about £40.

Also as stated by outnumbered there are differences between the digital and analogue ones.So it's worth speaking to someone who knows there stuff and is not trying to sell you one.

jamiefc
Sep 9th, 2008, 20:29
Hi,
yes i have purchased the £40 job. Will post my results foor any intereste parties. £300 is just too much for my car a 2001 2.5 d se with 160 k on the clock. So i have been told to expect better fuel economy plus another 35 bhp so i am loking forward to experiencing this.
But
before i can i need to find where the chip plugs into - i have to get the correct type of adaptor pin ( where the chip plugins into) but i dont know where to look ? Anyone with any idea ?

i will post my findings for the benefit of the other forums users

many thanks
jamie

jamiefc
Sep 9th, 2008, 20:47
Aplogies for the baad speeling :loser::kilt:

outnumbered
Sep 9th, 2008, 20:48
Hi,
yes i have purchased the £40 job. Will post my results foor any intereste parties. £300 is just too much for my car a 2001 2.5 d se with 160 k on the clock. So i have been told to expect better fuel economy plus another 35 bhp so i am loking forward to experiencing this.
But
before i can i need to find where the chip plugs into - i have to get the correct type of adaptor pin ( where the chip plugins into) but i dont know where to look ? Anyone with any idea ?

many thanks
jamie
hi
the plug and play boxes on the 850 and v70 classic hooked up to the connector at the pump . i would say yours would be the same if you look down where the oil filler pipe is you will see the black 8 pin plug. hope that helps
mike

jamiefc
Sep 9th, 2008, 20:51
thanks will go outside with torch and have look now. The box is coming from germany so the sooner the better.
How did you find the chip you put in ? Good fun ? The standard 2.5 d for me anyway seems beatufifully torquey - cant wait to getit going with extra oomph ! ! !!!!

phasesonix
Sep 10th, 2008, 00:24
thanks will go outside with torch and have look now. The box is coming from germany so the sooner the better.
How did you find the chip you put in ? Good fun ? The standard 2.5 d for me anyway seems beatufifully torquey - cant wait to getit going with extra oomph ! ! !!!!

Let us know how you get on-which website did you get it from?

Thanks,loz

outnumbered
Sep 10th, 2008, 21:20

what you will proberbly find is that there will be no turbo lag, so when you floor it it goes and not waiting for the turbo to spool up . i would imagine that it will have a screw to adjust if so it will be drive and adjust so that you have it set right , if not loads of black smoke lol with the extra fuel going in , but yes another 25 bhp makes you smile.
mike

jamiefc
Sep 10th, 2008, 23:06
Let us know how you get on-which website did you get it from?

Thanks,loz

hear you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350096349455&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

jamiefc
Sep 10th, 2008, 23:08
what you will proberbly find is that there will be no turbo lag, so when you floor it it goes and not waiting for the turbo to spool up . i would imagine that it will have a screw to adjust if so it will be drive and adjust so that you have it set right , if not loads of black smoke lol with the extra fuel going in , but yes another 25 bhp makes you smile.
mike

Hi mike,
its got the 8 pin connector. The chip is supposed to give another 35bhp:natur008: Should arrive within a week

phasesonix
Sep 15th, 2008, 01:09
hear you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350096349455&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

thanks for the link,looking forward to hearing the results.

Thanks,loz

jamiefc
Sep 16th, 2008, 20:51
Hello,
so boxarrived this afternoon.
Fitted within 10 mins + 20 mins ( needed to remove engine cover top and front at pump 10 mil bolt at bottom very aqward to remove).

The box had a wee screw which you are suposed to adjust till the engine gets lumpy on tickover and then turn it back till it settlles down. My wee screw doesnt seem to do anything. i have emailedthe guy and will let you know my findings.

Ok the interesting bit.

1. The car has not gone silly ie constant wheel spinning and ripping my tyres off :animal-smiley-037: which i was slightly deflated at.:star-wars-smiley-02
2. I was hoping for a serious distinctive boost - but that is not what i seem to be experiencing - if anything it seems to perform very well again above the 3000 rpm range and comes into its own at 3200 to 4500 which is where it performed better before anyway.
3. I would say the car has been transformed into a motorway high speed cruiser with excellent acceleration int the 40 - 70 and above range but not the banshee i was hoping to unleash. Maybe i was expecting too much. It was listed on site as giving extra 31 bhp on the standard 140 bhp.
I have only had the car a month now so im not sure how accurate amy assement of before and after is.

As i said before have emailed this all to the supplier and will keep you posted:thumbs_up::car-smiley-003:

phasesonix
Sep 17th, 2008, 13:02
The screw on the box should affect the engine when turned-if it does'nt it's probaly broken. I used to have a D5 at 160bhp and that was A LOT faster than the 2.5D i have now,especilly when starting off and up hills in fifth etc.

outnumbered
Sep 17th, 2008, 18:19
The screw on the box should affect the engine when turned-if it does'nt it's probaly broken. I used to have a D5 at 160bhp and that was A LOT faster than the 2.5D i have now,especilly when starting off and up hills in fifth etc.

yes have to agree with that the engine will overfuel and the lamba light will come on if you have screwed it in too far, the box i had would only give you about 25 bhp increase so i think the figures you have been quoted are very optomistic, srry to hear you are a bit deflated with the outcome, you may be able to pick a digi one up quiet cheap on e bay. at 2000 revs it should put you back in the seat in all gears when set up right.
mike

jamiefc
Oct 14th, 2008, 21:27
Sednt box back and got it back from germany. Car is now quicker and a lot more torquey. So for the price its good value

outnumbered
Oct 15th, 2008, 09:00
Sednt box back and got it back from germany. Car is now quicker and a lot more torquey. So for the price its good value
glad your happy with it.
mike

phasesonix
Oct 17th, 2008, 22:32

Great-glad it worked.Think I might get one.

Loz