PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - injector overhaul for £10.00???

John Davies
Sep 6th, 2008, 10:48
I keep reading on here that I can get injectors overhauled for £10.00, but no local firm here will do them for less than £25 plus Vat.

I normally do them myself -its simple enough if you have a injector gauge - but my source of cheap washers and nozzles closed down!

So where does one go?

Regards

John D

tfb
Sep 6th, 2008, 17:01
I went to United Diesel and they were (if I remember correctly) £180 for 6.

TFB

Laney760
Sep 6th, 2008, 17:23
I used Thames Valley Electro Diesel in Reading for a 'smoke test'. They do not do normal 'mechanical' work, just the fuel side of things. Whilst there they told me that my injectors on my D24TIC would be about a tenner each to be reconditioned but if I had a newer common rail engine the injectors would cost me a lot of money. They diagnosed my injectors to be ok, however. I haven't been back to this company because they absolutely thrashed my engine when testing it (from cold) and only since that very day have I had black smoke and begun to use oil, maybe coincidental but who knows. I did specifically ask them to go easy on my engine due to the long warming up periods required by this engine and because I have high coolant usage, probably head gasket. So I wasn't very happy with them. They do, nowever, have a great reputation. They carry out a 'smoke test' for approx one hours labour, £48.

Peter Milnes
Sep 7th, 2008, 04:05
You should either go to a Bosch service outlet for injector service which should be carried out at 60,000 miles, or use German, Swedish & French for a set of six. When you send the old ones back you will receive cashback, making the injectors in the region of £10 each. The replacement should be carried out at 120,000 miles. With diesel injectors as used on D24, D24T and D24TIC, service/recondition is at 60,000 miles and replacement is 60,000 miles later (120,000 miles). Only difficulty with taking injectors out is that you have to re-prime the pump as the fuel runs back into the fuel tank. I have suggested that people doing their own servicing should invest in a small electric pump and a switch so that they can prime the pump with ease.

All the best, Peter. :car-smiley-031:

John Davies
Sep 9th, 2008, 01:20
Thanks for the info, Peter. I have an old SU from an A60 I normally use for this.

Regards

John
PS - how do I leave thanks these days - facility doesn't seem to be there any more!

Peter Milnes
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:16
It has been asked for again, waiting for the moderators to replace the facility. It was surprisingly useful before, let's hope it comes back soon.

All the best, Peter. :car-smiley-031: