Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S40 / V40 '96-'04 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   S40 V40: CEM Wiring/Repair Information (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=67584)

host07 Jan 22nd, 2010 17:47

Thank you for your picture, I really want this VADIS :-)

Unfortunatly the wiper relay has to be located in the CEM in my car model, the location you showed was in previous models though.

My car is a year 2000 (march) model and something between phase I and phase II.

Not shure whater VADIS knows what inside the CEM, but it would realy help!

960kg Jan 22nd, 2010 20:36

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by host07 (Post 617971)
Thank you for your picture, I really want this VADIS :-)

Unfortunatly the wiper relay has to be located in the CEM in my car model, the location you showed was in previous models though.

My car is a year 2000 (march) model and something between phase I and phase II.

Not shure whater VADIS knows what inside the CEM, but it would realy help!

...Vadis says it is in the same place on a V40 2001...read the model and year at the top....the CEM is changed as a unit with no pics. of the inside...2004 is the same...

bommaz Apr 1st, 2010 18:10

Brilliant

Thank you for posting this and the photos, went to scrappy today got CEM and now have headlights £47 total.

bommaz Apr 1st, 2010 18:11

tidy

going to get the alloys of it as well

Wattsys40 May 10th, 2010 23:15

Can anyone help me? I have a 98 'S' S40, and I'm trying to locate the headlight relay. After looking at the picutres and almost breaking my back trying to get my head in the footwell, I don't have the same box of tricks there. I can't seem to find my CEM, or th headlight relay. If anyone can help me locate it, that would be fantastic and its had me scratching my head for days now!

gatos May 11th, 2010 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattsys40 (Post 668069)
Can anyone help me? I have a 98 'S' S40, and I'm trying to locate the headlight relay. After looking at the picutres and almost breaking my back trying to get my head in the footwell, I don't have the same box of tricks there. I can't seem to find my CEM, or th headlight relay. If anyone can help me locate it, that would be fantastic and its had me scratching my head for days now!

Had a quick look on Vadis for a 1998 car and it seems to be at the same place. Silly question, but have you removed the lower driver's side protector panel?

gatos May 11th, 2010 00:38

Wattsys40, If you need one, I have a spare one for sale by the way. That is if you find where yours is first. :)

Wattsys40 May 11th, 2010 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatos (Post 668113)
Had a quick look on Vadis for a 1998 car and it seems to be at the same place. Silly question, but have you removed the lower driver's side protector panel?

Thanks for looking, if you mean the panel that sides left of the bonnet release then yes I have, but all that is there is a keyless entry box and another little box, but none of it looked like the picture. If I get a change, I'll get out there and take a picture. Thanks for your help though, most appriciated.

fearlesspierre May 12th, 2010 22:31

I've just bought a second hand S40 1.8iXS with 36k miles and the paperwork with it shows that its had a new CEM because the headlamp bulbs were blowing. A common fault then.

urbanite May 16th, 2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatos (Post 668117)
Wattsys40, If you need one, I have a spare one for sale by the way. That is if you find where yours is first. :)

I just got a nearside lamp out, and the heat has burned through the wiring and 3 spade plastic plug that connects to the bulb.

Gotta do some investigation first, but if I need a CEM, whats your price for your spare, posted to Wolves?