Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   For Sale: Volvo 240GLT Saloon (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=141535)

mrkawasaki Dec 21st, 2011 17:54

For Sale: Volvo 240GLT Saloon

1 Attachment(s)
Very sound and straight H-registered Volvo 240GLT 5sp manual saloon with 102,500 miles on the clock. Completely standard (apart from additional immobiliser) 4-owner car with a healthy amount of documentation from new. No visible signs of corrosion anywhere, although some of the plastic external trims have faded unequally. I have owned and run the car for one year as a reliable and comfortable regular driver (I have done 2,500 documented miles). Five good tyres on unkerbed Virgo rims; full leather interior without rips; original radio cassette (although the cassette eats tapes!) with electric aerial; factory sun roof (suspect cables could do with regreasing).

'Arnje' is a very honest car - always attracting favourable comments from every passenger regarding condition, looks and performance - I doubt it would take much effort to make into a show-winner if that's your thing!

If interested, PM me with an email address for a compendium of large photos taken this morning and/or request new shots - no apologies for the winter/unwashed state!

Hoping to realise exactly the same amount as I paid a year ago - £999 - the car will come with 12 months MOT.

The car is in the south Manchester vicinity over the Christmas period.

I do hope this car remains in the Volvo enthusiasts fraternity!

minesa240x3 Dec 21st, 2011 21:48

Looks nice from the one photo!Any chance of a few more just so we can leer over it.Not that I'm after it but still interested in seeing a good example.
It's a 2.3L then.And is it manual or auto.If the description ticked all my box's I might be tempted to contact you.
Regards Brian.

mrkawasaki Dec 21st, 2011 22:20

7 Attachment(s)
Hi Brian,

I'd rather email decent sized photos as mentioned in the OP, but to confirm that it's a 2,316cc manual and is, according to the original Harratts of Rotherham purchase invoice a '244GLT M', registered in the UK on 25.08.90, with a sale price of £15,277.50... I wonder what that is in today's money?!

Electric windows and mirrors, although the heated seats are not working.

Regards.

Neil

redpepsi31 Dec 21st, 2011 22:33

hi neil ,
very interested in your car .
can you email pic's to me at
homecounties@fsmail.net
regards
brent

minesa240x3 Dec 21st, 2011 22:37

Thank you very much for that! Glad you put them up as I wasn't disapointed.A really nice looking car that deserves a good home.The colour is the best for the Glt I think.
I hope you manage to sell soon but you might struggle a little because of christmas.I have been watching loads of volvo's 240 and 740 and they iether aren't fetching much or don't sell just lately.

Anyway best of luck and have a happy new year.
Regards Brian.

mrkawasaki Dec 21st, 2011 23:22

^ No worries Brian - I'm in no rush to sell if it means passing on to an enthusiast that will maintain or even improve this good car.

mrkawasaki Dec 22nd, 2011 08:26

Had a quick look around the net for other 240s and saw a couple of good condition examples at £1495 for a GL and £2500 for a GLT - was quite shocked! Makes this one seem good value... ;-)

woodythelampy Dec 30th, 2011 18:52

Hi there. Did you get the car from Gumtree last December in Nuneaton? I remember calling the seller up about it and it had just been sold. I ended up getting a 940S estate instead which has ended up being more useful really.

Thats a lovely car you have and I hope it goes to a decent home. If I had an aircraft hangar and a bottomless wallet I would buy it....and all the other old cars I love!

Best wishes to you!

Stuart Wood

mrkawasaki Jan 2nd, 2012 22:49

Thanks for your comments thus far - here's some new videos I've taken on my phone of the car:

http://vimeo.com/34267977

mrkawasaki Jan 2nd, 2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodythelampy (Post 1056844)
Hi there. Did you get the car from Gumtree last December in Nuneaton? I remember calling the seller up about it and it had just been sold. I ended up getting a 940S estate instead which has ended up being more useful really.

Thats a lovely car you have and I hope it goes to a decent home. If I had an aircraft hangar and a bottomless wallet I would buy it....and all the other old cars I love!

Best wishes to you!

Stuart Wood

Stuart - yes, that's the one! Nice seller too - been very pleased with it but heavy mileage beckons with my job this year and I don't want to run a car of this condition into the ground - just bought a V6 diesel A6 Avant for that.

Neil