Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   AAOS 3.0.3 now public (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339393)

CocoPops Apr 15th, 2024 07:25

AAOS 3.0.3 now public

15th April 3.0.3 showing in the app.
Android 12 as part of the update.

CocoPops Apr 15th, 2024 07:30

1 Attachment(s)
App screen:

MG14 Apr 15th, 2024 07:45

Maybe this will be the route to a few more meaningful updates? It already has a couple of features more than the usual ‘minor drive system and power supply adjustments that do not affect performance’. Though, of course, they also appear. :teeth_smile:

Milliner Apr 15th, 2024 12:53

You know, I was just thinking this morning that my car is great and everything, but what it REALLY needs is a little microphone icon so I know when I'm talking to it :rolleyes:

Not particularly inspiring. Hopefully more to come...

GMcL Apr 15th, 2024 13:43

Given AAOS is the new in-car OS where manufacturers, not just Volvo, are heading, I'm surprised this is two versions behind the current Android version which has been out for six months now.

I can understand a £200 mobile phone being a version or two behind but not something in an expensive car. What happens to the car when the OS is at end of life and no longer supported ? Who wants a connected vehicle that is no longer supported ?

vonRypp Apr 15th, 2024 13:50

I have been saying this for months. The SPA platform is already legacy. My wife EX30 has the features which the Sensus cars had, so those are already implemented for AAOS but not delivered to the SPA cars and I am sure, nothing significant will happen to SPA cars anymore OS-wise.

BrettEverett Apr 15th, 2024 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonRypp (Post 2945654)
I have been saying this for months. The SPA platform is already legacy. My wife EX30 has the features which the Sensus cars had, so those are already implemented for AAOS but not delivered to the SPA cars and I am sure, nothing significant will happen to SPA cars anymore OS-wise.

If you’re right (I think you are but and the same time deep down I’m still hoping that we’re wrong), then it’s a pathetic and incredibly lazy approach from Volvo and someone in Sweden (or China) needs a massive kick up the bum.

I understand it’s not viable to support older cars for too long but the fact that my car (MY22 S90) is barely a couple years old and it’s already “on its way out” is hard to accept if I’m honest.

I use a different car every week from Enterprise (thru work) and can quite confidently say that every car I get has more functionality in general, and the dash is a lot more utilised. As opposed to my driver’s display which has two settings, map on or off. Laughable really…

neilgorin Apr 15th, 2024 14:35

A 30 to 50 year old 100 or 200 series is not a strange thing.

A 20 year old connected car will be a very unusual thing indeed.

CocoPops Apr 15th, 2024 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMcL (Post 2945651)
Given AAOS is the new in-car OS where manufacturers, not just Volvo, are heading, I'm surprised this is two versions behind the current Android version which has been out for six months now.

I can understand a £200 mobile phone being a version or two behind but not something in an expensive car. What happens to the car when the OS is at end of life and no longer supported ? Who wants a connected vehicle that is no longer supported ?

Equally, I can handle a phone needing regular reboots on an early unpatched OS, because of a memory leak... I couldn't handle a car that suddenly crashed and needed rebooting mid motorway! :)

GMcL Apr 15th, 2024 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CocoPops (Post 2945665)
Equally, I can handle a phone needing regular reboots on an early unpatched OS, because of a memory leak... I couldn't handle a car that suddenly crashed and needed rebooting mid motorway! :)

This is the infotainment system not the ECU, nevertheless, navigating an unfamiliar city you'd hope the software has been tested beyond let the end user do the Beta testing.