View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:16   #97
mauser1905

Hi stephenlumb67,

Good to see the pictures of your R-design fitted with towbar. I did see a volvo xc90 outside my workplace with a Witter towbar 7 Pin. Doesnt look nice all open.

Volvo towbar comes with a panel cover which can be used to cover the opened bumper part when using detachable. However when compared to Westfalia's minimal cut to bumper and none visibility when detached, nothing else comes closer.

FRF Volvo did advise that EU norms coming with 13 Pin electrics as standard and oly xc90 was still provided with 7 Pin electrics. However just to keep compatibility in future I went ahead with 13 Pin.

I contacted 3 local firms for towbar installation, 2 of those talked nicely at the beginning but when came to know I have parts already supplied they closed the door saying wont do thrid party installation only. Such a shame not much competition up here in Aberdeen.

Third one ok to do installation 120 plus vat, however from talking doesnt seem like he has fitted this arrangement on xc90 earlier. Mostly Witter.

I know I might struggle on this bit on my own but I will give it a shot.
mauser1905 is offline   Reply With Quote