View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 14:16   #8
cwhaley

That's given me a lot of food for thought - thanks Volvo community!

Yes I discovered the Ford connection when first looking into the S40. I think the petrol ones use exactly the same Zetec engine as the first Foci? Can't get away from them... Sound-wise I think I'll have to do the FM receiver option. It could be worse - it could be a tape deck adaptor!

Funnily enough the MoT does state a few issues with worn tyres. The only issues recorded are headlight beam adjustment, thread showing on tyres or bulges on them) so I'll look out for issues with suspension and braking. Luckily there's a lot of quiet straight roads around the seller's lot, so will do a bit of testing out on the roads.

Service-wise on my last car, I did change the oil every 6k, never sat above 65mph and generally drove her like a lady, so all's I can do is pay special attention to the points raised above and hope the past owners were careful. He said there were "stacks" of paperwork and full history, so again will need to look carefully through it all.

Feel more confident going into this now - hopefully I'll be reporting back with some pictures!
cwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwhaley For This Useful Post: