View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 15:16   #15
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher007 View Post
in July 2005 i had two new wishbones, which i belive SW Autos purchased from Nordic, fitted to my 850 T5R which at that time had done 106k. well my car has just failed an MOT on a shot wishbone and ive only covered about 6k miles since they were fitted . SW Autos have said there only guaranteed for 1 year and all they can offer is a free inspection . so ive spent £260 on two supposedly new wishbones, one of which is buggered after ony 6k miles. go figure.
Cypher,

I think it would help if you presented all the facts, as from what i know you asked for the patent parts to be fitted (which explians the £260) as you were planning to sell the car due to the chassis\subframe damage which was causing the car to pull heavily to one side and thus why you needed new arms. This would also help to explain why one arms bushes have failed. however im not an expert on this and that was just my observation.

Also who removed the bushes? i say this as it looks like they have removed the bush by pulling\pressing on the center pin, or by driving the bush out on the rubber. This would explain why the bush looks like it does. If the bushes were removed correctly the outer metal sleeve should be present - which isnt pictured. The bush also appears to be stressed down one side which may have been caused by incorrect tracking which can be casued by a bent subframe etc.

Personally i would have taken swautos up on their offer of a free inspection, as due to it being around 2 years ago that they were fitted and the state of your chassis they would need to be inspected to see if the arm bushes failed through a design fault, incorrect fitment (however only one arm is affected) or im proper use (bent subframe etc).
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk

Last edited by bobcat; Jul 24th, 2007 at 15:23.
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote