Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2023, 20:56   #5026
Steve 940
Premier Member

Default Oh No !!! Reality bites.....

Hi,

Well today was the day of the viewing in person of that grey 145 in deepest darkest Dorset,

Fortunately I managed to co-ordinate the trip with picking up 8 tambour cabinets near by, for the new workshop in progress, so entailed a 500 mile round trip and an overnight stay + hire of van, not exactly a cheap little jolly.

Owner had advised he would most likely not be there as he had commitments, long track to their small holding, jumped out to open gate, and I could see he'd left the 145 ready and waiting, gleaming in the sunshine......

As I got closer, the ever increasing feeling of disappointment welled up.. Oh Dear🙁

The photos in the original eBay ad had indicated a bit of trouble afoot, but well, where would I start, virtually all the trouble points mentioned in the various online guides were ticked off, along with many more. Every single trim strip looked as though it had been fitted with a sledge hammer.

Originally 'sold' for £2500 but fell through owner was asking £5.5k but after discussion, a sort of landing zone of £3.5 - £4K was discussed assuming it was as good as he described.

Well I'm not surprised it fell through at £2.5k, I'm not sure it's worth much than a £1k for a few spares

Well after 6hrs drive home, the rose tinted spectacles have been well and truly knocked askew, but the desire for an early 145 is undimmed.

The quest continues, hopefully nearer home next time😀😀

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: