Thread: S40: - Relay – Volvo S40 2003
View Single Post
Old Jan 31st, 2024, 13:53   #1
Paul Sanderson

Default Relay – Volvo S40 2003

The indicators, hazards and the dashboard lights linked to them had been intermittently faulty for a while, but now have failed completely. The circuits for all those things go through the one same relay. My local garage tested that relay and found it to be flakey, but is getting no joy from Volvo in respect of supplying a replacement. My garage is happy for me to find a relay myself and they will fit it. I know that’s an easy job and I’ve had a lifetime of tinkering with cars – but now I’m 72, and can no longer get down under the steering wheel to do the swap… though it would be more true to say that I can get down there; I just can’t get back up!

Before I go chasing one on the Tinternet, could someone confirm that the relay needed is MB 953383, which might also be known as 72BM000. In reality it seems to be a Peugeot/Citroen relay and for those it might be 9563533980.

Also, could someone confirm that the location is indeed under the steering wheel, and is not one of the easy-to-reach relays in the engine bay.

The Vin/Chassis/Frame number is: YV1VS10K34F111715.

Best regards, Paul Sanderson
sanderson-by-the-sea@hotmail.com
Paul Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote