View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 13:26   #19
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
I replaced the original Pierburg TCV (part number 7.21681.01 12) with a new Pierburg TCV (part number 7.28197.16.0)
Amazingly, a Google search of said replacement TCV actually brought up above posting from Dancake in: What did you do to your 850/X70 today???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJVTHEBEST View Post
I still wonder if the (recurring) 424 (TRACS) code is signalling a cause or contributory cause of the problem though!
It may very well be contributing to the issue and will certainly need addressing...especially before the next MOT.

A new TCV would help confirm whether your existing TCV is doing it's job, or not, and would be £40 well spent if nothing only to have it in your spares bin. You can then focus your attention on the TRACS fault.

I would hate to see you throwing more parts at it so there are some great and recent ABS fault finding threads from Duke1, Luxobarge and El Padrino which may help to effectively identify and diagnose the issue.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post: