View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2024, 19:20   #26
Gouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
If it's running google maps and other googley things then i would expect it to be android OS with an overlay which itself is based off linux.

I guess to see is to find out if you can activate devleoper options in the menu settings. Usually it's activated with the following steps if you can try.

1 Go to "Settings"
2 Tap "About device" or "About phone"
3 Tap “Software information”
4 Tap “Build number” seven times. ...

Root access will be difficult but if you can get to dev options then it's easier to sideload.

As for your previous solution, that's the idea I had except making the holder so it only covers the CD slot (is it really needed now a days).
It doesn't "run" google maps etc, it's android auto and apple carplay which afaik, means that everything is running on your phone, and it's just a display.

I tried the developer mode thing before to no avail. I've mostly got used to the noise now. It's running really well, hasn't missed a beat.

Edit: I tried tapping developer mode again, a lot, and something did happen, it came up with a number pad, I assume to type in some sort of pass, I tried the usual, 1234, 0000, 123456, but they did not work

Last edited by Gouty; May 10th, 2024 at 21:28.
Gouty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gouty For This Useful Post: