View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2024, 12:34   #6
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley11 View Post
Well I rang FRF Volvo - very helpful but in the end the result was that rear springs for Novomats are defo obsolete and not obtainable through Volvo for my 850 T5-R with suspension code S3YEKPL.

So guess my options is to fit standard shocks and springs in place of the self levelling suspension.

I’ve tried several outlets for second hand ones but to no avail.

Any suggestions anyone?

Not overly bothered as not likely to drive it actively or carry heavy loads or lots of passengers, so probably won’t know much difference.

As long as the stance of the vehicle looks right
Try parts for Volvo website. Put your model and model year in, search under "suspension and steering" and then "suspension dampers".

I think you can get Nivomat for your car from here and they're genuine Volvo, but the downside is there's a 7-10 day wait because they're special order and then there's the price... nearly £600 for one shock. You won't be able to get these from the dealer... they probably don't stock them anymore being a 30 year old car. There's aftermarket ordinary shocks available though on this website too.

If you're unsure what to order and don't want to end up ordering the wrong parts, just e-mail them. Give them you reg and vin number, tell them what you want and they'll send you the right parts required by e-mail within a day or so. If happy, make the order and they should be on your doorstep in a few days (unless its a special order part).

I've used them before. Very good service and reasonable prices.