Thread: Engine: 3.2: - XC90 Misfire
View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2024, 13:51   #15
seandodwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandodwell View Post
This is the full chain kit, I'm sure there are others, if any one knows of any, or have any experience with any, can they let me know. Thx.

https://www.rendcarparts.com/parts-f...82/RD30759065S

So an update, head removed after a couple of evenings spent bent over the bonnet!!

All went well apart from the heat shield bolt not giving up so having to remove the manifold bolts through the gap left by bending the heat shield up out of the way, Manifold bolts all good except the last one typically decided to go soft on me an round off, eventually got it off with a cheap right angle six sided box spanner. Still eventually got it all off, and lo and behold burnt valve worst I've seen no wonder there was no compression. See photos, next step is transport down to the nice people in PAR Cornwall Autotec, who will make my head like new.!! I have a quick question for the group is it worth looking at replacing piston rings whilst engine is still in the car, is this hard? the cylinder bores look good, no undue scoring just a good patina. Any thoughts 190k miles but running great till the burnt valve..?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1082.jpg (247.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1081 3.jpg (215.5 KB, 11 views)
seandodwell is offline   Reply With Quote