View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 21:10   #58
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Some more feedback for you.

My Fathers Insurance has just come up from renewal on his S80, think he's currently with Saga at the moment, and he asked me for some advice on companies to ring around with as i'd just gone about insuring my 740.

I said why not try Chris Knott again as he'd been previously insured with them before and they'd been competive. He said he wouldnt deal with them at all on principle. I asked him to remind me why and he reitterated the facts to me.

He had a no fault accident on his part some, a Lorry went into the side of him(smashed the light cluster and scratched the bumper), he got the drivers details, insurance company details etc and proceeded to Ring Chris Knott to process the claim, he took the car to the local Volvo Dealers Bodyshop, the quote was done, agreed with insurers and the car booked in and it was repaired.
My Father paid his Excess whilst Chris Knott said it was being taken care off dealing with the other insurers, despite numerous calls, emails, letters to Chris Knott they never seemed interested in chasing the other insurers. My Dad lost patience and decided that the £300 excess wasnt worth the stress of dealing with Chris Knott. I guess he was fortunate he had protected NCB and subsquently has managed to avoid claiming so he didnt lose them either.

The final straw for him though was a few years after the accident that he started to get phone calls from " Accident Claim Companies" pestering him about getting compensation for his injures from the accident. Needless to say my father is a very private person and makes sure all companies he deals with do not share his information. It would appear that his Accident information was sold on.
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote