View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2011, 21:26   #1
LeeB

Default Fault Code: EFI-231 Long Term Fuel Trim Part Load

Okay guys, got a T5 with a LPG conversion (forget that part for now)

Been having issues with my T5 when cold starting on petrol... not always but often has been VERY rough idling... once warm (or on gas) would be okay (but still not perfect).

Read the fault codes and got:

EFI-231 Long Term Fuel Trim Part Load

after an extensive search on here and other tinternet sites the main things to check were MAF and vacuum hose elbows!

diconnecting and reconnecting the MAF while car was running caused a stall and also generated a MAF code that hadnt been present before - so im assuming this eliminates the MAF as its doing "something".

so started search of hose elbows with what seems the most common - hidden underneath the power steering reservoir/pump.... low and behold pipe is split and prodding the split with a screwdriver makes idle change!

so im assuming thats my problem and if not it needs replaced anyway!

what i need to know is where i can get the part? how much are a local reliable garage likely to charge me (ish) and is there a part number so i can guarantee the right part? - engine is a 1998 T5 without the ETM.

ive added 2 pics (not from my car) first shows general area im talking about - second shows the elbow hose in question!

thanks for your help guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30529860003_large.jpg (100.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg EndElbowR copy.jpg (59.5 KB, 63 views)
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote