View Single Post
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 08:55   #5
AndyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigv View Post
Howdy, If the motor is spinning check for blockages in the pipes and nozzles, or loose pipes. if they dont spin check the wiring to the motors themselves. The wiring set up is quite primitive so if they aren't worn out and broken it'll be a wiring fault (loose connection clip off etc) or pipe problem.
Lo there

Have blew the pipes out (windscreen wash doesn't taste vey nice!), and have checked for 12V at the plug which I'm not getting. According to my wiring diagram (which indicates the internal fuse board is on the passenger side making me strip near the whole bloody dash off before finding it on the drivers side!!!!) all that's left is the stalk (which works as the windscreen wipers work) and a relay in the CEM (Central Electronic Module). Been to a few scrap yards and can't find a CEM in any other S40's I've found (all of a similar year). The only other thing I'm thinking is that there's a sensor at the bottom of the water tank (empty sensor presumably) and maybe if this is faulty/upside down it may stop the washers working? That's my next step this weekend...
Thanks for the reply.
AndyR is offline   Reply With Quote