View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2017, 23:24   #1
chelle_belle
and Craig!

Default 850 R Project or Donor car.

Hi all,

It is with regret that I list my 850 R for sale. Bought this at Christmas as a project car, however, turns out there a bit too much for me to tackle. The more I do, the more I find that needs doing. Had I known the truth about the car before I bought it I would not have taken it on, however, one of you may wish to take this on before it gets sold for spares.

It's 96 (N) estate in gun metal grey, auto, 208,000 miles, yes, the mileometer works, volon wheels, sun roof.

Pro's: Heated seats front and rear, 7 seat conversion, Load cover, cargo nets, wind deflectors, towbar, original carpeted mats, 6 CD changer (needs cleaning), poly top mount. New front ABS rings, genuine fuel filter

Cons: Engine worn (down on compression) and smokes on idle when warm, steering rack leak, abs and tracs lights on, air conditioning compressor ceased (but is currently disconnected), broken wheel bolt (will try to remove) usual rusty front wings, slight blow on exhaust, laquer peeling on bonnet and tailgate. No MOT. Also, the heater matrix seems to be on it's way out and new brake discs and pads will be needed soon.

The car has loads of service history; had a new radiator in 2013.

The car cost me £1,400, obvioulsy I know I won't get this back, but I would appreciate your best offers. I have been honest about the condition of the car, unlike the person who sold it to me. The car would need to be trailered away, but will start and drive.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: gif offside rear.gif (272.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: gif front.gif (265.6 KB, 109 views)
File Type: gif front int.gif (230.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: gif nearside.gif (206.4 KB, 101 views)

855 R
855 T-5

Last edited by chelle_belle; Apr 14th, 2017 at 23:44. Reason: pictures added
chelle_belle is offline   Reply With Quote