View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 20:33   #7
GrantA
Master Member

Looks like I have a similar problem - "an occasional leak" that runs down the inside of the LHS of the windscreen. Only noticed it a few days ago and thought it was the windscreen leaking at the top so stuck some duck tape along the join between the windscreen and the roof. It hasn't rained much since but I took the car to National Windscreens to get a quote for a new windscreen and the bloke there said it probably wasn't the windscreen as the bonding on Volvos is very good. I told him the car is normally parked on my drive which slopes down (car facing down the slope). He examined the windscreen where it joins the roof and said he very much doubted the windscreen was leaking as the bonding looked very good and the windscreen looked original. He didn't have time to test for leaks himself but said I should check further back at the roof rails, aerial or rear door hinges to see if the leak was coming from there and running down inside the headlining.

I have just spent an hour with the garden hose pouring water over the car roof working my way back up the roof to the tailgate and no leaks - not a drop of water in the car. Being here in sunny Scotland we are not due to get any rain until the weekend so I will have to wait and see what happens then. In the meantime if anyone has any bright ideas on what else I can check please let me know.

PS. It hasn't been leaking enough to soak the carpets or anything but I did put a towel on the dash when I first noticed it and it was wet the next day after a night of rain.

PPS. There is no movement on the corner of the windscreen when you try and push it up from the inside.

Last edited by GrantA; Apr 8th, 2015 at 20:36.
GrantA is offline   Reply With Quote