View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 13:03   #4
Russell_S

Good news, it's sorted.

In the end it wasn't the CEM at all, it was a break in the wiring between the RH headlight fuse in the engine compartment fusebox (fuse 11A/22) and the CEM connector F:13 (See attached wiring diagram). I had 12v at the fuse and about 3v at the connector and with the fuse removed and the connector disconnected from the CEM there was no continuity when checked with meter. Due to the break being buried in the wiring loom there is no chance of finding and repairing it so I have cut the offending wire in the fusebox and at the CEM connector and run a new wire along the bulkhead and into the passenger compartment to the CEM connector.

It is now working fine. I don't know how the break has managed to occur as there is no movement in the wiring loom and if there was a short circuit then you would expect the fuse to blow long before the wiring gave up.

Anyway because I originally thought it was the CEM, I took that apart and traced some of the wiring so I shall post another thread detailing what I've found out. It doesn't have solid state relays as I first thought but normal miniature PCB mounting relays. So I would think that it wouldn't be too hard to replace them if they do go faulty.

I have attached the wiring diagram detailing the headlight connections and the CEM.

Regards

Russell
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Volvo CEM Lights.pdf (58.2 KB, 606 views)
Russell_S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Russell_S For This Useful Post: