View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 12:26   #4
turbo-tuner
I've Been Banned

Default RICA Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs3042 View Post
For a Volvo D5 163 2003MY Manual... Can anybody please advise me as to what they have had or heard about these remaps and the tools associated with them... Or should I just take it to somebody professional instead of DIY with tools etc... Toying with the idea of a remap!!
With RICA you have both options available! The RICA upgrade itself gives you 198 hp and a generous 435 Nm, with the torque available over a wide rev range resulting in superb performance and overtaking grunt, plus the added benefit of a noticable improvement in fuel economy.

For installation of the RICA upgrade, you can either go for the RICA iSoftloader and do it yourself, or you can go to your nearest RICA agent and have them install it for you. In your case, the nearest agent is in Buckie.

If you opt for the RICA iSoftloader, you get a hand-held programmer that does not require a laptop to program the car. You can use any PC computer connected to the internet to download the RICA software to the RICA iSoftloader, then you simply take the RICA iSoftloader to the car, plug it into the OBD2 diagnostics port and program the car with a press of a button. You can switch between standard and RICA software at your leisure!

The price of the RICA ECU upgrade is £440.63 inc VAT and the optional RICA iSoftloader is £99.88 inc VAT. Full details are available here -

http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=149

Last edited by turbo-tuner; Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:32.
turbo-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote