View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 09:25   #5
catch22
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7050man View Post
I checked Ford focus equivelant DPF model 75k service. Main dealer price at time was over £900. Volvo cost was c£1000.
Yes that is on hell of an expensive service no matter where you go. And there is no way you can get around having the particulate filter and additive top up done anywhere else, because of the needed ECU management reset.

In fact it was mainly why I did a deal to sell the S40 yesterday, and to buy a Focus for the wife. Because if I was going to stuff another £800 or more into the S40, there was no way I was selling it after that.

Obviously with Ford and Volvo sharing engines, Focus owners have fallen foul of the expensive DPF http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/po...ex.htm?t=74278

And a driving instructor finds out to late about the dreaded DPF, but warns another unsuspecting punter I just found a well priced ford focus 2005 1.6 TDCi

Last edited by catch22; Oct 13th, 2009 at 09:52.
catch22 is offline   Reply With Quote