Thread: XC90 AWD Repair
View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 21:20   #2
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doumac View Post
Hi All

My wife is still adamant that she wants an XC90. I have always regarded it as a great car, but now I'm just not so sure.

Not just the concerns on this forum, but it was second bottom for reliability in the recent Which Car report, only better than a disco, how bad is that?

The C30 won it's class and the S60 was second in it's class. Now that's more like the Volvo of my experience.

My wife will get her way (whose wife doesn't), so can anyone tell me a ball park figure for replacing the dreaded bevel gear if the AWD doesn't work.

Thanks
Please, take, with a pinch of salt, what you have read on this forum.

Yes, one or two my suspect that they are having/had a problem, with the AWD, but they are only a few.

From my point, I have owned two XC90's, covered about 80.000 miles with them, been as far North (Sweden), knocking on the door of Lapland, East, as far as Vienna, South as far as the Med and generally, driving, around the North of Scotland, without any problems. (Off road, at every location)

Wheel bearings, track rod's, the odd, door lock, were replaced, but this was on the earlier models, nothing, ever to do with the AWD.

Locally, there is a lady, who has one of the very first XC90's, that came into the UK, who tows a two X horse trailer and goes around all the events in Scotland.
Speaking, to her about a month ago, she told me, that she has never been stuck at any of the venues, that she has visited.

The XC90, is a good car to drive, lots of space, but I do not require, the two extra seats.
That is why, I now have an XC60.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tem For This Useful Post: