View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 23:37   #1
nasa123

Question Reduced Engine Performance (Stalling and Stuttering)

I have a 2006 S60 2.5T and been having problems with it. About 2 months ago I would lose power when accelerating and it would stall when I was stopped at stop lights. I would simply restart it and it would run fine. It then began to stall when I would turn it on and it was just sitting there idling. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the MAF($500) and updated the software (free). The car ran fine for about 2 days. At this point only the check engine light was on.

The same problems began again. But now the "Reduced Engine Performance" light also came on. The acceleration problems became worse. I would push the gas and nothing would happen to the rpm's. All of a sudden it would kick in and surge forward. The car began stalling more often and at higher speeds (20mph or so) Over the past week the car has began to stall at higher speeds (70ish mph). This was far from ideal when passing tractor trailers going uphill on the highway. However, after each time. I would pull over, restart it and it would begin to run fine again for a while.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It sounds alot like the ETM issues experienced on earlier models but it didn't seem that these problems still existed (atleast as far as I could tell from searching online). Just not looking to pay $1500 for an ETM if I can try and clean it first myself.

Thanks in advance.
nasa123 is offline   Reply With Quote