View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 20:03   #7
Hennie

Quote:
I can say hi and welcome to the forum
Thanks, Dave

Quote:
The pump you require is a volvo part only and I obtained one from the Volvo dealer part number 951 2898
Unfortunately the Volvo dealership network here in South Africa is like the Mafia - I tried two different dealers AND Volvo South Africa, and they all refuse to sell me the part, or to even advise me on the procedure they obviously want to keep a monopoly on this just to make money. I really cannot understand their mentality, with new car sales dropping due to the current world-wide economic crises one would think that Volvo would try to retain their customers, but with their current attitude I most certainly will not buy another Volvo, even though I'm very happy with the vehicle.

Quote:
yes it needs a special hand pump to bleed the air after . If you get air in the pipes it will never start
Would any suction device work? I have a hand-operated vacuum pump which I use to drain the oil through the dipstick opening (not sure what the correct technical term is here...) and I'm thinking of using this with some silicon tubing connected to the bleeding nipple. Would this work?

Apart from the bleeding, are there any other "tricks" to changing the filter, or is it just a matter of removing the housing screws and swapping the actual filter element?

Again, THANKS for all the responses

Hennie
Hennie is offline   Reply With Quote