View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 20:25   #4
Bill_56
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny37 View Post
I`ve had this message on for a couple of months since local garage did the clutch but just keep cancelling the message and nothing untoward has happened and the abs still works as i`ve tried to get it to work!!
Check your driveshaft bolts, they may have come undone or even fallen out, which can cause various ABS/Skid warning messages. Just pop off the centre cap from each front wheel, and make sure the bolt is present and not loose. But do not overtighten it, they snap easily. Leave it alone unless it's obviously very loose. That's a possible at the best of times, and Mazi should check too. It's a nice cheap fix, but search the forums for advice before replacing them, as it tends to be a recurring event.

In your case it's even more likely, as clutch change includes disconnecting the driveshafts, and a local (non Volvo) garage may have been unaware they must use new driveshaft bolts on re-assembly.

As for the software 'update'... I recently had a new steering angle sensor, under warranty, to cure an anti-skid service warning. I think I've since read somewhere on the forums (from Clan, I think) that a software patch may have been available that would have made the steering angle sensor less sensitive, and hence cleared the warning.
Bill_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill_56 For This Useful Post: