View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 15:25   #1
tt82
Forum Support Team

Default Use of our street as a short cut.

We have an ongoing problem of motorist using the street we live on as a short cut, despite their being clear signage prohibiting cars from using it, apart from those needing access. We had yet another visit from the Police this morning after another angry confrontation with a motorist we stopped. We have struggled to get the council or the police to actively prevent motorist using it as a short cut.

This is the Google street view from the top of the Way

and from the bottom.

and the overhead view.

Both signs show -

Quote:
No vehicles
Except for access

The lower sign has since been replaced with a newer sign in better condition. Tbh I don't know wether its classed as a road, path or whatever but it is pretty irrelevant as the signage clearly states car are not allowed. This also only the lower half of Vicarage Way, the top half is still a cobbled street. It doesnt have any restrictions in place but then it has no residancys which are only accessable from it either.

As you can see from this picture, the gardens border the way and when you step off your property you are on it, where everybody else has a pavement outside their front gates we don't. Unless, as some of us have done and we remove all fencing and therefore privacy from passing pedestrians, you can't see when stepping out or leaving your drive in the car. It is only a wonder more accidents havent happened.

The main reason we have an issue is due to the shop on Princess Road at the top end. Residents from Moor Street and the neighbouring roads are too lazy and bone idle to walk or drive around to the shop and so use Vicarage Way as a short cut. Personally I don't want myself or a member of my family to be hurt or killed due to the bone idleness of others.

Any suggestion on how we can get more support from the council?

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote