View Single Post
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 22:57   #10
languageservicesco

Default Rocker cover oil leak

Took it into South Hants Volvo yesterday. As mentioned in the previous post, there is a lot of pipework etc going over the cover. Obviously don't have to be too clever to design this stuff on a Volvo. That aside, on the evidence they saw they agreed there was obviously a small leak but would want to clean it up, take it out and then have another look to be sure where it was coming from.

The dealer had also said the engine was running rather rough and shaking a lot on its mountings. I found this most unlikely, but never having owned a Volvo before (but being used to a 6-cylinder Mercedes diesel), I wasn't sure. They felt the engine was running perfectly normally and performing fine after we went out on a quick run round the block. Hmm!

Will take it in for further investigation and sorting in January. I had a positive impression of the garage: tidy and clean enough without being sterile. Mechanics working without being in a huge rush. They didn't charge me anything, despite going out in the car and putting it on the hoist and removing the cover under the engine to check on the leak. I will report back when I know more.

Cheers,
Kevin
languageservicesco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to languageservicesco For This Useful Post: