Thread: Amazon: - Light switch problem.
View Single Post
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 12:35   #3
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

Alf Ista;

I have to disagree with Derek on this one......he is suggesting tying together 30 and 58...I don't believe that will bring the desired result...30 is power coming into the switch and 58 is the parking light output...

I'm referring to wiring diagram here: http://www.sw-em.com/122S%20Wiring%20Diagram.jpg

Terminal list for Light Switch with function and color codes:

30 - Power input (2 Blacks)
58 - Parking Light output (White)
56 - Headlight output (Yellow)
58b - (Full) Instrument Lighting Input from Fuse 3 and output to one nonvariable (2 Whites)
58a - Variable Instrument Lighting output (3 Reds)

...unfortunately, the variable output terminal which powers the Instrument Lighting is not numbered in that drawing...but by the process of elimination, (and you should be able to confirm this by checking colors of wiring connected to your Light Switch), I believe the terminal of interest to be 58a (at 7o'clock)......so by my reckoning, taking the 3 Reds from terminal 58a and tying them to 58b, will bring the desired result of bypassing the variable function. The make special "piggy-back" terminals which plug onto a single male contact and which have two males themselves which I would recommend using for this.

Note: After this modification Fuse 3 will continue to protect all non-variable Instrument Lighting, and an increase in fuse current rating (from 8A) is not required by this change.

Cheers from Connecticut!

Last edited by Ron Kwas; Jul 25th, 2010 at 12:41.
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Kwas For This Useful Post: