View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 22:26   #6
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Improver View Post
Gatos, that's an excellent guide, with quality photos You even repainted the door, whilst doing it!

Can I boldly add a bit, with regards to remembering where all the screws and bolts have been taken from. If you take a thin cardboard box and a thick felt-tip pen you can make a 3-D record of the origin of everything taken out. By just making holes in the box with a terminal screwdriver, some of them are self-tappers and don't need the holes making.
lol. No i did not repaint any doors. The maroon colour is the door from my proper S40. The light green door photo is from my project car I am taking apart.

The reason there are two colour doors is because I forgot to take photos in the beggining and by the time I was going to put everyhting back it was going to be too late. So, I took a quick photo of the red door which obviously was intact....

And yes thanks for your idea of the screws and carboard. Until now I was using a big A3 paper and was cellotaping the screws at the right place....... Cardboard it is for me from now and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotoxic View Post
Nice one gatos was there a problem with locking mechanism?
No the locking mechanism was fine. Someone asked a few days ago about the locking mechanism motor, so this was my chance to make a guide as I have a car on my disposal to do anything I want to it.... . The window was broken when I got it and luckily I had a spare glass from last year and I replaced it. While i was doing that I thought making a guide of both window glass removal and lock removal. First time I did it it took me 3-4 hours to remove the rear lock mechanism. Now, it took me about 1 hour and that included the photos taken and me washing my hands every time before I used the camera....

Quote:
Originally Posted by volpete View Post
HI Gatos you starting a spares business LOL, nice motor mate good luck plenty of spares Volpete
Nah. It wouldnt be fun if it was a business. Feel free to drop by anytime and pick what you need.
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote