Thread: S40 (New) Brakes : - Break Issues!!!
View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:10   #6
bircham

Hi ImpatexCN,

I am coming to this thread with interest as I have just spoken to close friends of mine whose 8 month old V50 2.0d S has had exactly the same problem. She was crossing the centre of a dual carriageway where you can stop in the centre before continuing , when the car didn't stop - she accelarted to compensate when the car displayed the 'engine service required' lights and then went into limp home mode - result? - Car with no power, no brakes and in the path of oncoming traffic doing 80 mph.

Anyway the car has been to 2 different volvo dealers a total of 4 times and has been in limp mode with no brke assistance each time afyter visiting the dealers. The computers found no faults - as usual - and she is now going to reject the car.

I feel really bad as they bought the car after seeing my wife's V50 and us recommending the V50!

Any thoughts would be really appreciated,

Oh yes, irony is that her father has just been appointed the German ambassador to Sweden!

Jon