View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 09:47   #21
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyTim View Post
Am I missing something here? "no vehicles except for access" means exactly that, doesn't it? There is a local estate here that is used as a short cut and the council have erected similar signs, the police are often out pulling people over for driving straight through. No idea what the actual penalty is though.

Just had a look on google street view and the road signage here has a picture of a motorbike over a car, and "Except for access" underneath, so slightly different.
The signs are very much the same, just that the 1 with the car and motorbike on it doenst have the restriction on bicycles, where they may only be pushed and not ridden. I suppose that ties in that our street is designed to be a public footpath with pedestrians having the right of way and vehicular access only granted for residents. In essence both are designed to restrict motorised vehicles from using the road/path. Personally I think that sign along with
Quote:
"No vehicles
Except for residents"
would help as it would be more clear. I doubt it would stop many driving through though.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote