View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 09:50   #9
Jay

Smile

Some small local dealerships have switched brand from Castrol and are using the correct oil i.e. 0w30 & A5/B5

Mobil 1 Fuel Economy 0w30 ACEA A5/B5 or the Evolution oil meeting the exact ACEA rating.

Fellow members please check when you service car that your dealership is meeting the ACEA rating ‘cos one dealership was selling one litre bottles of Castrol Edge 0w30 with A3/B4 ACEA on the bottle and when i questioned that it was wrong he said it is the same as in the workshop only a packaging change another dealer was selling the old SLX and will switch to Edge he also said it was a packaging change.

According to Castrol web site Edge 0w30 is not A5/B5. Either Volvo are producing a specific oil with rating A5/B5 at a cost hence the reason why dealerships are switching brand btu does not explain why some dealers are stoking the wrong ACEA rating. I also spoke to a big Volvo part supplier who was unsure what Castrol will supply to them waiting to sell the old stock of SLX.

I am happy to switch to Mobile ‘cos it meets both requirements 0w30 and A5/B5 as per the mobil web site.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote