Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BLUE - 2017 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Progress Thread

Views : 20156

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2024, 15:29   #101
Kev0607
Premier Member

The centre caps look great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2024, 19:13   #102
Petey80
Premier Member

Default MOT Day

I had Blue booked in for her MOT this morning, so arrived promptly at the test centre

The owner came out shortly after taking the picture and got cracked on straight away putting her through her paces.

Had a bit chit chat with him whilst he was doing it, always good to be friendly with your local tester.

After about 30 minutes, it was all done.

A little bit of a hairy moment when he drove onto the ramp lift as I thought the splitter was going to catch the jacking equipment located in the centre of it...... thankfully it didn't....

"All done, beautiful, fantastic car you have there, lovely colour."

Why thank you Mr Tester, I KNOW!!!

Full clean sheet. Not a single advisory.

Asked if there was anything untoward or anything I need to keep an eye on and he said "No, nothing at all. Lovely and clean and I can see the discs and pads have been done. Tyres are all good with plenty of tread" etc. etc.

He expressed his pleasure at the fact he could sail through the test as it was in such good condition.

Dead pleased with the compliments and the outcome.

Also renewed my car insurance and it had only increased by £50!!???!! So a good day all round.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2024, 21:18   #103
Kev0607
Premier Member

Congrats on the MOT pass. Its a great feeling when you tinker on cars yourself, or do as much as you can DIY without bringing it to a garage for repair and it sails through an MOT. It makes it all worthwhile!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 09:18   #104
Petey80
Premier Member

Default New Bits and Odds and Sods

Not much has happened since the MOT, gave her a wash on Sunday night and then finished a few little bits on Monday morning.

Put everything away, then went back to the car as I had received these stickers

A bit smaller than I thought they were going to be. I maybe need to read the listing a bit better.

But anyway, I was presented with this monstrosity!!!

GROSS!!!! It was quickly removed and the window cleaned........

I then went back to finding a place to stick one of those stickers too...... and came up with here.

Didn't want to go mad and start putting them everywhere on the interior as there's enough R-Design stuff on the inside as it is.
I was hoping they were going to be maybe twice the size or so, I would have then placed one on the front splitter in place of the black "R" badge as that's looking a bit worse for wear right now. I do have another one as I did think it would become quite weathered being placed where it is, so will have to put something on it like laquer to see if it holds out a bit longer.

Along with those little stickers, I also ordered a couple of other bits.

Some yellow wheel nut covers for when I get those 18's sorted

Quite happy with these. They aren't a bright chrome yellow, a little darker but do have a little shine to the faces. 19mm and fit really well.

I then got some cloths as well.

Very strange material. Listing said microfibre, but they feel weird and are quite thin. Again, I didn't read the listing properly and thought they'd be a little plusher....... Only a couple of quid so no big issue really. Not found a use for them yet though. Will maybe test one out on the wifes car, see what they're like on the glass.

And another set of detailing brushes

Feel like you can never have too many detailing brushes.

And lastly.

Rear springs by Eibach.

I purchased some for my old V50 aaaaages ago when they were dirt cheap, but obviously never fit them as I didn't have any for the front and read up that it's not a good idea to just lower one end of a car. Stability issues arise supposedly.

I had a feeling that these must fit the V40 as looking at the Eibach web pages and comparing the V40 kit you can get against the V50, C30 & S40 kit you can get, they both had the same part number for the rear spring.

I also eventually managed to obtain pictures of the rear springs from other V40 members when they had removed them from their own car or had recently bought a new kit.

So, here are the springs that I have

Here is a picture of a set that someone had removed from their car

Here is a picture of a set that someone has recently bought and not yet fitted

As you can see, all 3 springs have the same 118400607HA part number. The only discrepency is the 2 letters after the Eibach logo further up the spring.

Mine are E/T, the ones removed from a car are G/T and the new set that was recently purchased by someone I know are K/M

So I've fired off an e-mail directly to Eibach to see if I can get some answers.

Hopefully I won't need to buy new rear springs and will just get some fronts in the future and I know which ones to get as they are weight dependent. There are 2 different ones available depending on required axle weight.

Ones with the same part number as the rears - https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/product...0-84-006-07-22 - that accomodate for a front axle weight of up to 1140kg and lower the car 30mm

And another set - https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/product...0-84-006-14-22 - that have the same rear spring part number, but a different front spring part number. These are to accomodate for a front axle weight of up to 1020kg and lower the car 30mm again.

I also plan to eventually upgrade all the shocks to Bilstein B6's and I already have new Bilstein front top mounts, so will just get the rear top mounts when needed. Pretty sure they are the same ones that fit a V50, C30 & S40.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote