Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

vauxhall now has lifetime gaurantee!!!

Views : 1460

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 5th, 2010, 18:36   #1
4 forty
VOC Member

Default vauxhall now has lifetime gaurantee!!!

i hope the new directors of geely take note.

http://news.aol.co.uk/vauxhalls-to-h...09025423758678
4 forty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 18:59   #2
AndysR
VOC Member

Interesting I wonder how long that will last and how many loop holes prevent owners claiming under the lifetime warranty. Best of luck to them though if they think they can make it work,
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 21:32   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Someone else copying volvos inovative ideas of 25 years ago , they called it "Lifetime Care" ! Its limited to 100000 miles on the vauxhall .
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 22:20   #4
DSK
C70 T5

Quote:
The warranty will apply to the first owner of any Vauxhall registered from August 2010.

To maintain the lifetime warranty, owners will need to visit a Vauxhall retailer annually for a free vehicle inspection.

The company is also set to announce details of a further programme enabling second owners to purchase the lifetime warranty.

Vauxhall Motors managing director Duncan Aldred said: "With the lifetime warranty, we are making a strong statement of confidence in the quality of our products and a clear intent to provide the very best customer service in the UK."
Unfortunately any business brain knows, if you wish to stay in profit you cannot offer a lifetime gaurantee on a car.

So they need to get their sales up and devise an alluring scam to do so, by making such a ludicurous offer in which;

- vehicles will have to be rigorously maintained by authorised dealers in accordance with a pre-set maintenance plan (which will be in the small print)
- 1 slip up by an owner will most likely invalidate the lifetime warranty with immediate effect (late service, use of a non franchised garage)
- dealership spanners will have an excuse to charge for more work when a vehicle may not need the work - thus increasing profits
- much more to be detailed in the small print

Its simple, if a manufacturer believes their product is so good, why not offer a 'no quibble' warranty? which, IIRC KIA and Hyundai do on their cars for approximately 5 years (or perhaps 100,000 miles which ever comes first). Now most certainly not a lifetime warranty but surely a genuine quibble free, stress free ownership period within the valid period.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 23:28   #5
SiRS2000
Master Member

Good Bye Vauxhall
SiRS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 23:48   #6
andy_d
Premier Member

nice of them, like others im a bit cynical without seeing All the small print
still its nice to see that Finally A.n.other car maker follows a lead set how long ago by volvo
(still keeping my volvo, even if its being a money pit at the moment)
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 01:33   #7
silestanix
Returning Member!

DSK; On new KIA's it's a full 7 years warranty, covering the same stuff as normal 3 year warranties cover with usual car manufacturers. My workmate bought a KIA Soul and I read the small print of the warranty to see where they'd catch him out, and there really are no slip up clauses, hence the reason why it was quite refreshing to read...lol!

Project thread - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=330004 Closed - Sold.
silestanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 07:43   #8
Guy Incognito

Last Vauxhall i had was a company car Signum and in 2 years I was at 95k. I suspect a huge majority of Vauxhall "owners" would be in the same book so not quite as good as first reads! Better than nothing though.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 13:52   #9
DSK
C70 T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silestanix View Post
DSK; On new KIA's it's a full 7 years warranty, covering the same stuff as normal 3 year warranties cover with usual car manufacturers. My workmate bought a KIA Soul and I read the small print of the warranty to see where they'd catch him out, and there really are no slip up clauses, hence the reason why it was quite refreshing to read...lol!
My mistake, not really upto speed on such cars but I knew it was at least 5 years the last time I looked.

My work mate years ago bought a KIA Mentor new to save cash from his money pit of a 205 Gti. His car had a few issues, nothing too serious except 2 clutches but each time it was in and out of the workshop without quibble. Whereas when he traded it in for a new Corsa, vaxhall made a fuss and always partially charged him.

IMO, brands like KIA need to build themselves up so ultimately have to provide a decent service but, Vauxhall, they are big enough and just looking for new ways to con the motorist.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 13:56   #10
lyron
Premier Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
Last Vauxhall i had was a company car Signum and in 2 years I was at 95k. I suspect a huge majority of Vauxhall "owners" would be in the same book so not quite as good as first reads! Better than nothing though.
you did over 90 000,miles in a vauxhall in 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! good god sir you deserve a medal,i only got as far as the test drive and that was enough for me.
lyron is offline   Reply With Quote